We are excited to announce the launch of the new ToneMaster™ High Powered Tone Generator (p/n TG210C / TG220C), and the ToneSeeker™ Tone Tracer Probe (p/n TP250C). Both are now shipping. Professional Tone and Probe kits combine both the ToneMaster™ and ToneSeeker™ (p/n TG210K1 / TG220K1) are also now available.
The Platinum Tools ToneMaster high-powered tone generator enables signal detection over 20 miles away, making tracing through walls and enclosures easier with multiple tones and power levels suited for network, signal wire, coax, and telephone cable applications. The Platinum Tools ToneSeeker Tone Tracer is an ergonomic, high-sensitivity probe for field service professionals. Used in conjunction with any analog tone generator, the ToneSeeker identifies wire and cable without having to make direct metallic contact with the conductor. Combining the ToneMaster and ToneSeeker make the life of the tech much easier, saving time and, ultimately your bottom line.
The ToneMaster’s four tone amplitude levels include normal and half, high-powered normal and half, with the half amplitude unbalanced for stronger signal effect on twisted pairs. In addition, depending on test requirements, three distinctly different tones can be selected from the front panel.
Additional features and specifications of the ToneMaster include:
- 700 percent more power than standard tone generators
- Unbalanced tone mode supports longer distances on UTP cables
- Constant amplitude output ensures no signal decrease as battery discharges
- Auto-off for battery conservation
- Full talk battery to power a dry line
- Includes No-Fault, RJ12 patch cable to plug ToneMaster into RJ45 or RJ11 jacks
- Tone may be added in any mode – phone sets without a monitor feature can pick up tone
- Models available with molded-in alligator clips or molded-in angled bed-of-nails (ABN) clips
The ToneSeeker Tone Tracer emits a clear and loud tone as a cable is traced. Frequency filtering blocks out background noise and the auto-off extends battery life. The surface area and shape of the replaceable tip is optimized to detect weak tones and to penetrate wire bundles to make wire tracing easy.
Additional features and specifications of the ToneSeeker include:
- Comfortable ergonomic shape, balanced weight
- Volume control
- Recessed “on” switch
- Tip replacement without opening case
- Battery-low indicator
- Slender profile to fit in any tool pouch
- Lanyard attachment point